Mold Testing in Houston, Texas
Many local homeowners have benefitted from our mold testing services in Houston, Texas services and given us five-star reviews for our exceptional workmanship and timely service.
Clients are often confused about mold testing and mold inspection. If you have any similar concerns, call us to get in touch with a representative and resolve your queries.
Typically, mold testing involves taking surface samples from your home to determine the kind of mold that is growing in the area.
Although you can use home testing kits, it’s best to leave this job to professional Houston, Texas mold testing service providers for the following reasons:
- You need carefully controlled conditions to perform a mold test, which is not always possible at home. Due to this, your results will not be accurate.
- The mold growing in your home differs from the spores that come in through the window or with your shoes. But since the environment in your home is not controlled, these spores will also show up in the test results as false positives.
- At the moment, there are no EPA guidelines about the acceptable mold quantity in a household. So, you don’t have a standard to check your results against.
Instead, if you hire us for mold testing of your Houston, Texas property, we’ll assess the severity of the situation from our expertise and professional insight.
Although there are different methods of mold testing, we normally use the following three sample types:
- Bulk Samples: These samples include a surface physically removed from your house and sent for testing.
- Tape Samples: Our experts press a clear piece of tape on the sampling area and remove it. The tape picks up mold and mold spore. It’s then sent for testing in a lab.
- Swap Samples: Sometimes, we also use a cotton swab and rub it against a surface to pick up the mold growing there as a sample for testing.
If you require our mold testing in Houston, Texas services, give us a call today.
To get in touch with one of our partners here at Mold Experts of Houston today, please fill out the form or give us a call! We will be more than happy to discuss your project with you.